26 January 2008

It's that time again...

Everyone (including me!) is on vacation this weekend - even those players who nabbed themselves a spot at the All Star game don't exactly sound like they're headed off to be on the job doing slaving away. Case in point (I was just going to embed this video, but blogger is a whole lot of four letter words I don't feel have any place in this post right now, so I had to link it instead).

Red Wing goalie Chris Osgood interviews former Wings-now Blue Manny Legace. Sounds like those two are certainly excited to be back on the ice playing with each other. Here's to hoping they can get that under 10 goals mark they're aiming for!

The All-Star festivities are just beginning - I'll either be playing host to a bunch of friends bereft of both VS and the NHL Network, or out bar-hopping with them until we find a place that will serve us both Molson and the current most reasonable facsimile to hockey, so I won't be around to liveblog until (possibly) tomorrow, but both the ladies at both Scarlett Ice and Interchangeable Parts have promised a riveting evening of exactly thus, so swing by, I will be!

Speaking of vacations...

The Wings sent Niklas Kronwall out to the Detroit Auto Show with a mic and have been putting up videos of him perusing the cars, talking to people, and whatnot. This last segment, however, has him running into former Wing, and one of my all-time favorites, Jiri Fischer:

The interview is interesting (boys and their motor vehicles...) but my favorite part is how happy they seem to be to see each other. I just love the way the whole organization has treated Fischy, and how happy he always is to still have a niche to fit in here. Looks like they had fun!

Last but not least, we here at NPI hope everyone has a great All Star weekend, and of course...

GO WEST!
(Don't tell Elly...)

6 comments:

Elly said...

GO EAST! And don't make me come over there.

Kirsten said...

That comeback didn't go so well.

Elly said...

Hey, we won, didn't we?

Kirsten said...

Yes, yes you did. In the last 20 seconds of the game. *bitter*

Shmee said...

Woohoo for the East!

Elly said...

Booya!