21 November 2006

Hey all. This is my first attempt at posting in this blog, so we'll see how it goes. Blogger and I have not made friends as of yet.

A few things:

1. Sidney was pulled during the Flyers game due to a groin injury. I am sure that Therrien knows what he's doing, but I really hope that he is telling the fans the truth and that Sid is okay. We may only have him for another season, I want to see him as much as possible with a Penguin on his chest. (Hey, that's not a phrase you hear every day)

2. The Flyers are not flying so well. Now, as a long-time Pens fan, I am not crying myself to sleep over this, but it is a bit disconcerting to see the always brutal Philidelphia coming up lame this year. Since I am pretty much the only Penguins fan in the Green Mountains (I think there might be 4 others, thank you John LeClair for coming west), I am enjoying this to its fullest and rubbing it in the face of every single Flyers fan I find. Trust me, after Johnny's tour with them, there are a good amount to choose from. According to NHL.com, the Flyers are facing some hard decisions. Resign Forsberg? Try to trade and see what comes up? I don't envy the fans watching their team slide to the basement. I know how they feel.

3. Canes v Rangers tonight. I am not sure which one I want to lose more.

4. Calgary v Edmonton tonight. Battle of the goaltenders. With Kipper being better than sliced bread, and Roloson being...well...amazing, it will be interesting to see how the offense gets past these two. Since I have love for both teams (yes, I know, shhh), it is probably a good thing that I will not be able to watch the game tonight. I don't know who I would want to win and I do not have enough beer to help me with that decision.

5. Clash of the black and gold. Next Penguins game is Wednesday, against the local boys, the Bruins. I really hope NESN is showing it. Why can't I be rich and order Center Ice?

6. I haven't heard anything lately about he of the luscious tattoos, Ryan Malone. How is his arm coming along?


Now that I have wasted time figuring out this program a bit, I am going to do dishes and go visit my mother for Thanksgiving. I love going home, free food and I don't have to pay to do my laundry. Go Pens!

No comments: