20 December 2006

I may be ill

Quick recap of the game against the Blues last night: It sucked. The Pens seemed slow, nothing was going their way, all of their passes were interrupted, and they had the worst luck on breakaways. Malkin had a goal, Sidney with an assist, and Malkin also tried out some of his patented 'I'll take on all 5 men and still get to the goal and get a shot off' moves, but following the curse of the Blues last night, nothing else connected. Pens lost.

A few things:

-Malone was mic'd, and he was rather cute saying 'we're winning the battle, we're winning the battle....we're not winning the battle'. He also asked Sidney if he felt old, to which Sidney gave him a 'what are you talking about?' look.

-I think I saw Therrien swearing in French.

-Again, the power play pooped out.

Around the nhl there were a lot of interesting games, including a crazy 7-6 game in Edmonton. It was amazing and possibly cheered me up after such a devastating win for the Blues. Seriously, where did they get all that jump? They were playing a nice game...too bad it wasn't against someone else.



Now for the real news of the day:

It's 10:00 am. The real game is on now. If I've said it once, I'll say it again and again: Go Pens - In Pittsburgh.

No comments: