10 December 2006

Sunday morning list

Since I was in shock at the Pens big win last night, I forgot some things I wanted to mention, and found a few points I'd like to touch on this morning.

Pens notes:

-Looks like I was wrong about LeClair and retiring.

-Few interesting points here, such as Sidney having a bum ankle, and I was not aware that Scuderi was that sick. 10 pounds is a lot to lose in such a short time. Get better soon!

Others:

-Stayed up and watched the Canucks and the Flames on CBC. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was an interesting, offensive (I like the Flames, but really, I watch them for their D and Kipper) game. Kiprusoff let in more than I wanted him to, or more than he wanted, I'm sure, but they ended up pulling a clean win of 5-3.

If you haven't skimmed through the espn photo wire, you're missing some of the funniest hockey pictures out there. I think they intentionally put up photographs of the dumbest shots they can manage to get. Here are some of the better ones from yesterday.

1. Looks like the Flyers have taken to praying for a win. Either that or Beech is doing something seriously amazing (look at Nedved's face).

2. If Tim Thomas had a microphone...too Jamie Unpronouncable put the puck behind him.

3. If anyone could stop a puck with his glare, it would be Kiprusoff. Or maybe Brodeur.

4. Ritchie looks like he's got something for that official....who looks terrified.

5. Hockey does not equal football.

6. I don't have any words for this one.


Next Pens games is tomorrow night against the Caps on OLNUSUS. I will, of course, miss it entirely since I work every single friggin' night that Versus shows a Pens game. Let's hope that last night's win helps give them a boost for Monday. Go Pens!

No comments: